Have a brochure and/or a web site. Some people will probably want to hear more about your business later, so give them the opportunity to get the information they are looking for.
* Meet people, ask about their business or services. Be curious and ask about them. people love to speak about themselves, so ask questions and listen to their answers.
* Be a problem solver. people will be more interested in you if you tell them how you can solve their problem instead of just hearing your story.
* Go to people; don’t wait for them to come to you. Some people are very shy, they will be very happy if you make the first move.
* Go to events with a friend, a colleague, a client, and introduce people to each other.
* Send a thank you note or email to your new contacts. Thank them for their time and reintroduce yourself in a few lines. They met lots of people during the event and your business card doesn’t say everything about you. So it is good to reinforce your introduction.
* Give them the link to your web site. Tell them about your newsletter, if you have one. This is the best way to stay in touch on a regular basis.
* Schedule follow-up meetings with the people you had a good connection with, or if you think that you can help each other.
* Do it again and again. You will see that networking can expand your contacts, which will definitely help grow your business.